After-School Qur'an Program
New Horizon School – Los Angeles offers online Qur'an Memorization classes to anyone interested ages 5 - 12. The course is structured for balance between memorization with tajweed and revision, using a step-by-step approach, guided by our teacher, Sister Nahid Jeasmin. Ustadha Nahid has an extensive background in teaching children from the age of preschool to adulthood. She is certified by the Nurani Foundation in Nurani Muallimah, Qiratul Qur’an Wattajweed, and Mujawwid.
June 2021 - August 2021
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
June - 14, 21, 28
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
|June - 16, 23, 30
July - 7, 14, 21, 28
August - 4, 11, 18
|Friday||3:00 pm – 5:00 pm||June - 18, 25
July - 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
What Your Child Will Learn in this Program:
- Your child will memorize 1 – 2 pages per week from the Qur’an, if enrolled full-time.
- Your child will learn tawjeed (proper pronunciation) and makharij (points of articulation).
- Your child will review with their teacher the pages that they memorize.
- By the end of the course, if enrolled for three days a week, your child will have memorized at least one part (Juz) from the Quran.
- Classes are held online using Zoom. Log-in information will be shared after registration.
- Classes are interactive, supported with online resources, and individualized for beginner, intermediate, and advanced level.
- A 15-minute break is provided.
- Ages 5 – 12.
- Requirements: Willingness to memorize the Qur’an.
- Class size is limited.
|Program||Monthly Tuition||Monthly Tuition
NHSLA Student & Alumni
|3 days per week||$150||$125||10%|
|2 days per week||$125||$100||10%|
Partial sponsorships in memory of Shabia Khan, are available to NHSLA Students enrolled three days per week. To apply for a sponsorship, a letter explaining interest in the program needs to be submitted.
Like What You See? Schedule a Tour | Give us a Call 213.480.3145