Nurturing Spiritual Growth
New Horizon is dedicated to nurturing spiritual growth and developing God consciousness through the teachings of Islam. New Horizon aims to create a safe and nurturing environment that stimulates intellectual curiosity and independence.
OUR HISTORY & MISSION ↓
History and Mission
Founded by the Islamic Center of Southern California in 1984, New Horizon School – Los Angeles is an Islamic school committed to providing students with high quality academic and character education. New Horizon School – Los Angeles is dedicated to nurturing spiritual growth and developing God consciousness through the teachings of Islam. New Horizon aims to create a safe and nurturing environment that stimulates intellectual curiosity and independence.
New Horizon School – Los Angeles seeks to empower its students with independence, moral strength, and the education necessary to successfully contribute to a dynamic contemporary world. New Horizon aims to develop in its students, self-assurance as American Muslims with a commitment to honoring family, community involvement, and respecting others. We strive to foster ethical values in our students towards becoming productive and responsible members of our global society.
• Broadening cultural awareness by fostering an appreciation for art and sports.
• Establishing social skills through peer and adult interaction emphasizing mutual respect and trust.
• Fostering responsibility to God, society, and the environment.
• Teaching students the Arabic language as a means of communication and understanding the Quran.
• Guiding students to use Qur’anic principles and moral strength in their daily lives.
• Developing God consciousness and using prophetic examples as a model to be emulated throughout life.
Fast Facts About NHS
75 in Grades
Pre-School - 5
Average Class Size
NHSLA serves a diverse student body
Western Association of
Schools and Colleges (WASC)
9 Faculty Members
with Advanced Degrees , Teaching Credentials or Pre-School Certification
Besides the core subjects, NHSLA offers Arabic Language, Qur’an Studies, Islamic Studies, and Physical Education.
9 classrooms, Library, Computer Lab, Science Lab, Preschool Playground, Elementary School Playground
Islamic Center of Southern California (ICSC), Council of Islamic Schools in North America (CISNA) and Bureau of Islamic and Arabic Education (BIAE).
Like What You See? Schedule a Tour | Give us a Call 213.480.3145