Our Vision & Mission
Nurturing Spiritual Growth
Founded by the Islamic Center of Southern California in 1984, New Horizon - Los Angeles is an Islamic school committed to providing students with high quality academic and character education.
OUR VISION & MISSION ↓
New Horizon School - Los Angeles graduates students with academic competence and a strong American Muslim identity. Alumni are empowered to take responsibility for their own well-being and to contribute positively to the well-being of their communities as they advance their studies to serve and lead in diverse arenas.
New Horizon School – Los Angeles delivers high quality academic education, nurtures spiritual growth, and inspires compassion through the teachings of Islam.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
1. Knowledge عِلم (Ilm)
Every student will achieve academic competence. Students will demonstrate this through:
• applying critical and creative thinking for problem solving.
• adept literacy skills.
• being comfortable with 21st Century technology.
2. Virtue, Morality & Manners أخلاق (Akhlaq)
Every student will have moral strength. Students will demonstrate this through:
• displaying Prophetic character as an American Muslim.
• having the ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
3. Responsibility مسؤولية (Masulieh)
Every student will be empowered to take responsibility for their own well-being and that of others. Students will demonstrate this through:
• maintaining a focus on spiritual productivity.
• utilizing service and leadership skills in developing purpose-led projects.
Like What You See? Schedule a Tour | Give us a Call 213.480.3145