Nurturing Spiritual Growth
New Horizon is dedicated to nurturing spiritual growth and developing God consciousness through the teachings of Islam. New Horizon aims to create a safe and nurturing environment that stimulates intellectual curiosity and independence.
OUR HISTORY & MISSION ↓
History and Mission
Founded by the Islamic Center of Southern California in 1984, New Horizon School – Los Angeles is an Islamic school committed to providing students with high quality academic and character education. New Horizon School – Los Angeles is dedicated to nurturing spiritual growth and developing God consciousness through the teachings of Islam. New Horizon aims to create a safe and nurturing environment that stimulates intellectual curiosity and independence.
New Horizon School – Los Angeles seeks to empower its students with independence, moral strength, and the education necessary to successfully contribute to a dynamic contemporary world. New Horizon aims to develop in its students, self-assurance as American Muslims with a commitment to honoring family, community involvement, and respecting others. We strive to foster ethical values in our students towards becoming productive and responsible members of our global society.
• Providing an academic program that promotes excellence, builds curiosity, and creates ambition.
• Creating an atmosphere where logical reasoning and independent thinking are enhanced.
• Incorporating a learning environment that involves exploration, discovery, and discussion.
• Guiding students to become productive citizens with leadership, responsibility, and integrity.
• Instilling in students the self-assurance and discipline required to reach excellence in all endeavors.
• Developing competence in public speech and creative writing.
• Broadening cultural awareness by fostering an appreciation for art and sports.
• Establishing social skills through peer and adult interaction emphasizing mutual respect and trust.
• Fostering responsibility to God, society, and the environment.
• Teaching students the Arabic language as a means of communication and understanding the Quran.
• Guiding students to use Qur’anic principles and moral strength in their daily lives.
• Developing God consciousness and using prophetic examples as a model to be emulated throughout life.
Like What You See? Schedule a Tour | Give us a Call 213.480.3145