New Horizon School – Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
For questions or current openings, please contact Hira Ahmed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NHSLA is fully licensed and approved by the State of California as a qualified school and offers enrollment for preschool, pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and elementary from 1st to 5th grade. We comply with state policies and we also have our own special policies that make us unique. We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
About the Job
Teachers create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth. Class size is about 8 – 12 students. Teachers establish an effective rapport with students, motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education in accordance with each student’s ability. Teachers establish good relationships with parents and other staff members.
1. Implement and adhere to the school curriculum.
2. Demonstrate strong skills in core subjects such as English, Math and Science.
3. Translate lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
4. Administer and grade tests and/or assignments to evaluate the students’ progress.
5. Reinforce and maintain the school’s culture of high academic achievement by maintaining close and strong relationships with the students.
6. Maintain accurate student records as required by administration, in a timely and confidential manner.
7. Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
8. Identify student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
9. Attend morning assembly and staff meetings.
10. Attend workshops and other professional development activities as needed.
(1) Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, with at least three years of job-related experience. Teaching credential preferred.
(2) Strong organizational, written and oral communications skills required. Excellent English proficiency.
(3) Passionate about working with children.
(4) Familiarity with ethnically and culturally diverse communities.
(1) Fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice.
(2) Health screening, including proof of Tuberculosis clearance.
(3) Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
NHSLA will provide reasonable accommodations for job duties in accordance with Federal and State law.
Submit your resume and philosophy of education to email@example.com. Although we look forward to your submission, we may not be able to respond to every inquiry.
NHSLA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Like What You See? Schedule a Tour | Give us a Call 213.480.3145